Postpartum Doula Training: When Your Client Wants to Quit BreastfeedingJun 22, 2021
You, the postpartum doula, want to really hone in on what to ask so you have a better sense of what's going on. There are times where you have been observing and you get a sense of something.
As a postpartum doula, it can be challenging because we really want to give it our all but it's not about us. It's about the client and what they want.
So when your client wants to quit breastfeeding:
- You may have to ask more questions and figure out what's going on.
- Maybe it's a sleep issue and not even a breastfeeding issue.
- Perhaps she's getting pushed and pushed and she just really doesn't want to do it.
- There could be some challenges and some hurdles you're unaware of and she's really having a hard time. Maybe you know you can overcome that with her.
- There could be an anomaly with the actual nipples; they're inverted or there's something else going on there.
Join my private Facebook Group to be in on the conversation about all things to do with becoming and being a postpartum doula.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive tips, news updates and offers.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.